BERMUDIAN PARADISE

BERMUDIAN PARADISE

Monday, August 4, 2008

Writing and Thinking

It has really been a while. My lack of articulation has become quite a habit these days. The penning and mental organisation of thoughts absent. Good or bad? I have lost sight of my old priniples, beliefs and way of living. So much has changed in the period unrecorded. I lived my days without thinking about who i am, what i am, why i am, and everything else. A kaleidoscopic jumble of incoherent, incongrous thought plus experience. Do i really want to go on like this? I cannot even express myself properly, nor understand fully what i am trying to express. I think, a change is most apt. I make my decision.

Aside from the lack of mental fortitude to sustain my thoughts, the past 6 months have been surprisingly eventful and life changing, entailing an overarching effect on the rest of my life. 3 big achievements: Officer, Scholar, Doctor. It really ain't too shabby. And i realize, if the young Michael ever had a glimpse of such a future present, i reckon He'd be over the moon. For now, the next 12 years of my life is pretty much charted and planned. If nothing goes wrong, it might be quite a predictable journey. Is this really what i want?

Lastly, if there is anything significant about the past 6 months, and even the period before that, it is that I have had trouble coping with my emotions. In particular, the emotions to do with love, a romantic sort.

Now, at least i have got my some issues penned. That would be quite a mouthful to think and write about, at least for the next few weeks i guess.

No comments: